End of Days...?  

Posted by Shawn in , , ,


The more that I read and talk with Godly men the more I'm realize how little I understand, particularly as it regards eschatology.

I'm currently reading through the book of Acts again and have gotten to chapter 8. I've thought about many things during this course of reading that I'm still chewing on, but as a side issue, the idea that the church, composed of jew and gentile believers, IS now the full and total composition of Israel is really tugging away at my mind.

I've always been of the opinion that there is still a future purpose and plan for physical Israel. As a matter of fact, I blogged about it in some detail over several fairly long posts, starting here. I'm not convinced entirely away from my opinion of physical Israel but I am certainly thinking that it needs to change in some significant way.

A NOTE OF CAUTION:
Just for the sake of clarity, because a conversation like this can often generate undeserved heat, let me say that eschatology is nothing more than a subject that I personally find terribly interesting. I fully acknowledge that God's glory is revealed in his entire plan; from the beginning of days to their end. I also acknowledge that His Word discusses the end of days in various places of both the Old and New Testament. It is a fit topic for conversation. I don't accept, however, that this is something to begin a new church over or to create a gap between brothers. Our Lord was clear about what our attitudes should be about this; We're to be out preaching the Gospel, not focused and quibling about what and when the last days will come.

This entry was posted on Aug 5, 2009 at Wednesday, August 05, 2009 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment