Getting the heart to the matter  

Posted by Shawn in , ,

"Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord." (Eph 6:4)

After 20 years as a husband and 18 as a dad, I still find it so hard to find balance in leading my family and being at peace with them.

I constantly need to evaluate my motives, make sure that we're not disobedient to the Word of God and then deliver my thoughts in a way in which they'll understand. (Being an average person, at best, with all of my own hang-ups and faults just makes it all the more difficult)

I find myself thinking lately about how to avoid a derective that I know won't be obeyed. After careful prayer and thought, it's critical that I lead my family to my desire with love and patience rather than simply demanding it be followed.

The Lord's example is incredibly heavy on my heart in that he desires the heart of His people rather than their blind obedience to the law.

This entry was posted on Jul 21, 2009 at Tuesday, July 21, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment