Greater success through silent effort  

Posted by Shawn in , ,


I don't know about anyone else (though I've a pretty good idea), but my visceral reaction to an injustice witnessed or against me is to lash out and speak up against the source.

Not a good I idea, perhaps. Especially considering that it shifts my focus so negatively.

The text that I read today, Amos 5:10-15, is clearly directed to Israel, but is nevertheless an important lesson for everyone. As a matter of fact, I might argue that the Archangel Michael had this perspective rooted in his dealings with Satan.

Reading only through to Amos 5:13, one might conclude that we should simply be silent. I would urge reading through to verse 15, however. "Hate evil, love good, and establish justice in the gate." These are 3 separate commands, as I read it, and not progressive causal relationships; one leading to the other.

In other words, let's simply move forward in service to the Lord without complaint, grief, or self-righteousness.

No?

This entry was posted on Jul 22, 2009 at Wednesday, July 22, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment